ORTOFON 2M BLACK STYLUS
The Ortofon 2M Black stylus for the Ortofon 2M Black phono
cartridge features a nude Shibata diamond designed
to bring it back to its original specifications and
performance. The Ortofon Stylus 2M Bronze stylus may be
used as a lower cost alternative stylus replacement for
the Ortofon 2M Black phono cartridge.
Ortofon 2M Black Specifications
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 5mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +2/-0dB
- Stylus type: Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius: .0002 x .002 inch
- Tracking force range: 1.4 - 1.7 g
- Tracking force recommended: 1.5 g
- For upgrades and accessories that enhance sound quality and fidelity, refer to Related Products.
Footnote 1: "Recommended 500 Components", Stereophile, Vol. 39 No.10 (October 2016) 65.
Footnote 2: Ibid.
Footnote 3: Michael Fremer, "Nine Cartridges Reviewed, Compared and File Identities Revealed!", Analog Planet, August 22, 2013. The venerable reviewer found the Ortofon 2M Black cartridge reproduces music more "live" and less like a recording.