DENON DL-103R DL 103R DL103R PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Stereophile Recommended Component Class C 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
"For the first round-up, I was initially to have received the slightly upscale version of Denon's venerable DL-103 (the "R" version)—favored by none another than Dave Wilson, regardless of price, for its tonal accuracy and overall balance—but instead perhaps due to a communication mix-up, I ended up with the straight DL-103. Whichever model you consider, at $379 and $229 respectively, this true classic, which has been in production since I got into this hobby in the mid-70s, must be counted among audio's most remarkable values."- Wayne Garcia, The Absolute Sound, October 2010, Issue 206, p36
10 Audio gives the Denon DL-103R its Highest Award
The Denon DL-103R phono cartridge has always received many praises from reviewers and music listeners. Witness the the above award and many other user feedback available in many forums.
The Denon DL-103R phono cartridge is an updated version of the classic and venerable Denon DL-103. The Denon DL-103R extends the capabilities of its progenitor by using 99.9999% high purity (6N) copper coils wound with precision to the cantilever shaft. Music lovers will delight in the cohesive detail, air and crystal clarity offered by this outstanding phono cartridge.
Denon DL-103R Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving coil
- Output voltage: 0.25mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-45kHz
- Output impedance: 14 ohms
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: < 1db
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 25dB
- Stylus tip: 0.02 mm special round solid diamond
- Compliance: 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended tracking force: 2.5 +/- 0.3g
- Color: Black
- Weight: 8.5 g
- Recommended load resistance: 100 ohms or more
The Best Cartridge under $1,000 - 10 Audio
Denon Record Cartridge Rocks - Smarthouse
Denon Cartridge Museum
- For higher fidelity, the Denon DL-A100 cartridge was developed by precisely reproducing the original engineering reference model of the high-performance Japanese standard cartridge DL-103 and elevating its performance, accuracy and musicality by using the latest tuning technologies.