VMN40ML AUDIO-TECHNICA STYLUS FOR AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-440MLa AT440MLa CARTRIDGE
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Editors Choice Award The Absolute Sound March Issue 231, 241, 251, 261, 271, 281.
The Audio-Technica VMN40ML stylus is the latest specified for the Audio-Technica AT-440MLa AT440MLa phono cartridge. It offers very high-performance
capability, making it an excellent upgrade stylus for other Audio-Technica styli that use the same form factor. The stylus features a
MicroLine diamond tip for superlative performance with less wear and distortion than elliptical or conventional linear contact styli. The small curving
rate of the stylus enables it to track and playback the inner part of the record groove that other styli can hardly maintain. Accordingly, the stylus has
a much longer average playing life.
The stylus is made in Japan by the world-class original manufacturer, Audio-Technica.
Audio-Technica VMN40ML stylus specifications
- Type: VM
- Frequency response: 20 ~ 27,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 4.0 mV (1kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Channel separation: 30 dB (1kHz)
- Output balance: 1.0 dB (1kHz)
- Tracking force: 1.8 ~ 2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Static compliance: 40 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 10 × 10-6 cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Stylus: Nude Microline (2.2 × 0.12 mil)
- Cantilever: Aluminum tapered pipe
- Vertical tracking angle: 23 °
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- For upgrade ATN150MLX stylus and accessories that enhance sound quality and fidelity, refer to Related Products.
Footnote 1: Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound 2015 Editors Choice Awards: Audio-Technica AT440MLa / AT150MLX (March 2015, Issue 251), 104. This is a summary of a full review
from Issue 216 that describes these cartridges as offering their own authenticity and musical rewards over the long haul.
Footnote 2: David A. Rich, The Sensible Sound, Issue 112, May/June 2007
Footnote 3: Alberto De Roma, Audio VeeViews