AUDIO-TECHNICA ATN440MLa STYLUS FOR AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-440MLa AT440MLa CARTRIDGE
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Editors Choice Award The Absolute Sound March Issue 231, 241, 251, 261, 271, 281.
The Audio-Technica ATN-440MLa ATN440MLa needle stylus for the Audio-Technica AT-440MLa AT440MLa phono cartridge features a high-performance capability, making it an excellent upgrade stylus for other Audio-Technica needle styli that use the same form factor. The stylus features a MicroLine diamond for superlative performance with less wear and distortion than elliptical or conventional linear contact styli. The small curving rate of the stylus enables it to track and playback the inner part of the record groove that other styli can hardly maintain. Accordingly, the stylus has a much longer average playing life. The stylus is made in Japan by a world-class manufacturer with a reputation for crafting musically excellent and high-quality replacement styli.
Audio-Technica ATN440MLa Stylus Specifications
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 4.0mV
- Channel balance: 0.8dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 27dB
- Stylus type: 0.12 mil nude square micro-linear stylus
- Cantilever: Thin-wall tube
- Tracking force range: 1.0-1.8g
- Color: Violet
- For upgrade ATN150MLX stylus and accessories that enhance sound quality and fidelity, refer to Related Products.
Footnote 1: Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound 2015 Editors Choice Awards: Audio-Technica AT440MLa / AT150MLX (March 2015, Issue 251), 104. This is a summary of a full review
from Issue 216 that describes these cartridges as offering their own authenticity and musical rewards over the long haul.
Footnote 2: David A. Rich, The Sensible Sound, Issue 112, May/June 2007
Footnote 3: Alberto De Roma, Audio VeeViews