AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-MONO3/LP AT MONO3/LP ATMONO3/LP CARTRIDGE - MC MONO
- State of the art, true mono cartridge for true mono high fidelity
● Carefully selected component and state of the art technology produce a high resolution cartridge.
● Straight pipe aluminium cantilever and low mass stylus guarantees a high tracking ability.
● High purity PCOCC allows a more transparent signal transmission offering a high efficiency and a
● To support the internal mechanism, the body is made of solid die-cast aluminium alloy,
furthermore stiffness is achieved with the addition of rigid synthetic resin to hold the body.
● Due to high output voltage this moving coil cartridge can be used directly in MM phono input without the use of a step-up transformer.
Mono True Cartridge
The AT-MONO3/LP is a true mono cartridge - one of a select few in the world.
A true mono cartridge is designed, wired and built only to retrieve signals from the record grooves in the horizontal plane. However to produce a minimal wear on the groove, the AT-MONO3/LP also
has an adapted vertical compliance.
The groove of a monaural recording is modulated only in the horizontal plane. Stereo recordings, on the other hand, are cut into the vinyl at a forty-five degree angle with a separate channel of information on each of the grove walls, thus requiring the stylus to pick up signals in both the horizontal and vertical plane. As a stereo cartridge sums the channels internally, it picks up noise from the vertical plane of the record grooves.
Interestingly, in a mono record much of the surface noise is in the vertical plane, so avoiding this plane is beneficial.
By not even picking up or amplifying this information you eliminate a lot of the noise from mono records that you hear when played back through a stereo cartridge.
Moving Coil Mono Cartridge
The Audio Technica AT-MONO3/LP cartridge a joy to hear.
A high output moving coil cartridge of excellent
production quality and wound with PCOCC coil for signal
purity, it is designed to deliver excellent fidelity and
superb clarity when playing monaural (mono) records.
With its high output of 1.2mV, it can be used without
additional pre-preamplification or a MC transformer in
the signal path.
Our listening experience with this fine specimen of
monophonic reproduction has been left us with a deeper
appreciation and enjoyment of mono recordings. The Audio Technica
AT-MONO3/LP capably renders the detail, sound stage,
harmonic layering, dynamic contrast, low frequency
response and musical verity that seemed lacking or
constrained in others. Maybe it's because it's a Moving
Coil mono cartridge? It's a distinction that is
well-founded - along with its superior design and
Proven in use for many years in Japan, the Audio-Technica
AT-MONO3/LP cartridge in now available in the U.S. and is
imported by LP Gear. It brings back the pure joy of
discovery and listening pleasure for mono record playing.
Audio-Technica AT-MONO3/LP Cartridge Specifications
- Tonearm mount: 1/2 inch
- Type: Moving coil, mono cartridge
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 1.2mV
- Tracking force: 1.25-2.5 g
- Recommended load: 40k - 47k ohms
- Cantilever: Aluminum alloy
- Stylus type: Conical
- Dynamic compliance: 7 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Static compliance: 20 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dimensions (mm): L26.5 x W16.6 x H16
- Weight: 6.8 g
- Accessories included: Screwdriver, screws, washers, nuts, spacer/weight, stylus brush