AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-95E AT 95E AT95E/ CF95SE PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Imported and packaged by LP Gear, the CF95SE phono cartridge has a very distinguished and colorful lineage. On its own, it has been a multiple recipient of Best Buy ratings in the UK. Its lineage is intertwined with the classic and musically acclaimed Linn Basik, K5 and K9 phono cartridges. Unlike these cartridges however, the AT95E is delightfully affordable and available. Since October, 2004 and up to the present, the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge is included in the Stereophile Recommended Components List. It is the only inexpensive phono cartridge to be included in this highly selective recommended list! The review summarized the performance of the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge with the following words: "Makes music for 50 bucks!"
Paul Szabady in Stereotimes March 2007 had this to say about the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge:
"The AT95E integrates the range of the sonic bandwidth very well: no part of the spectrum sticks out at the listener. It doesn’t sound bright and it doesn’t sound dull at the top frequencies. Midrange is clear and detailed with no spittiness on vocals, though really cheap and inadequate analog match-ups will cause an slight upper mid-range burr."
The half-inch standard mount and dual-magnet Audio-Technica AT95E cartridge sounds clear, dynamic and richly balanced. It allows music lovers to use limited means to upgrade their turntables and thus attain a higher level of discernment and listening pleasure without the financial burden typically associated with high end cartridges. Yes it is vibrant, dynamic and rich in detail as reviewers and users say, and some users may no longer wish to upgrade further. The Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge has been consistently rated a "Best Buy" in the UK and we agree wholeheartedly.
Audio-Technica AT95E Phono Cartridge Details
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 3.5mV
- Channel balance: 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 20dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Dynamic compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 6.5
- Static compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 20
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance: 100 - 200 pF
- Stylus type: 0.4 x 0.7 mil elliptical diamond
- Tracking force range: 1.5 - 2.5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 2 g (20 mN)
- Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Coil impedance at 1kHz: 2.8k ohms
- Coil inductance at 1kHz: 400 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47k ohms
- Color: Black/Green
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Dimensions: 30.5L x 17W x 17.20H
- Standard stylus: LP Gear CFN95SE Stylus
- Upgrade stylus: LP Gear ATN95SE Stylus
- Superior stylus: LP Gear ATN95VL Stylus
- Ultimate stylus: LP Gear ATN95SA Stylus
Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2104, & 2015.