AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-95E AT 95E AT95E PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020.
Imported and packaged by LP Gear, the AT95E phono cartridge has a very distinguished and colorful lineage. On its own, it has been a multiple recipient of Best Buy ratings in the UK.
Its lineage is intertwined with the classic and musically acclaimed Linn Basik, K5 and K9 phono cartridges. Unlike these cartridges however, the AT95E is delightfully affordable and
available. Since October, 2004 and up to the present, the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge is included in the Stereophile Recommended Components List. It is the only
inexpensive phono cartridge to be included in this highly selective recommended list! The review summarized the performance of the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge with the
following words: "Makes music for 50 bucks!"
Paul Szabady in Stereotimes March 2007 had this to say about
the Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge:
"The AT95E integrates the range of the sonic bandwidth very well: no part of the spectrum sticks out at the listener. It doesn’t sound bright and it doesn’t sound dull at the top
frequencies. Midrange is clear and detailed with no spittiness on vocals, though really cheap and inadequate analog match-ups will cause an slight upper mid-range burr."
The half-inch standard mount and dual-magnet Audio-Technica AT95E cartridge sounds clear, dynamic and richly balanced. It allows music lovers to use limited means to upgrade their
turntables and thus attain a higher level of discernment and listening pleasure without the financial burden typically associated with high end cartridges. Yes it is vibrant, dynamic and rich in detail as reviewers and users say, and some users may no longer wish to upgrade further. The Audio-Technica AT95E phono cartridge has been consistently rated a "Best Buy" in the UK and we agree wholeheartedly.
Audio-Technica AT95E Phono Cartridge Details
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 3.5mV
- Channel balance: 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 20dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Dynamic compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 6.5
- Static compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 20
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance: 100 - 200 pF
- Stylus type: 0.4 x 0.7 mil elliptical diamond
- Tracking force range: 1.5 - 2.5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 2 g (20 mN)
- Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Coil impedance at 1kHz: 2.8k ohms
- Coil inductance at 1kHz: 400 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47k ohms
- Color: Black/Green
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Dimensions: 30.5L x 17W x 17.20H
- Standard original stylus: Audio-Technica ATN9SE Stylus
- Carbon Fibre SE upgrade stylus: LP Gear CFN95SE Stylus
- Upgrade SE alloy stylus: LP Gear ATN95SE Stylus
- Superior VL stylus: LP Gear ATN95VL Stylus
- Ultimate SA stylus: LP Gear ATN95SA Stylus
Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, & 2020.
At LP GEAR®, our philosopjy runs counter to the usual corporate convention. We believe that products created for perfection should last a lifetime of enjoyment or much longer like the Guarneri violin. Older than the USA—
281 years old to be exact, the Vieuxtemps Guarneri Del Gesu-1741 named for its most famous owner, the leading Belgian virtuoso and composer who esteemed it so much he wanted to be buried with it, recently
became the most expensive viloin in the world, selling for an estimated $16 million. Its new owner anonymously donated the historic instrument to violinist Anne Akiko Meyers, on loan for the rest of her life. Thus, our rationale for
keeping the AT95E alive so existing and new users can continue to enjoy this treasure.