THE VESSEL R3SM CARTRIDGE
- Much more than music.
The creative brief for The Vessel™ cartridge series is simple: "Allow the artist to express his music with its amalgam of contradiction as it is elevates and transcends with the natural and artificial interpretation of the human art."
With its hardness and soundspeed, Ruby has far higher sensitivity to stimuli from groove modulations. The refined cylindrical Ruby
cantilever in the R3SM discovers and unveils more subtleties of motion — twists, turns and flows — more material from groove modulations, more energy sheltered within record grooves thus conveying more inspired sentience and realism.
With its Nude Super Micro Line diamond tip, it offers remarkable radiance and luminosity along with a fast, transparent and natural presentation that is immersive.
The Vessel R3SM Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Frequency range: 20-35,000 Hz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 2.5 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: <1.0dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 24dB
- Dynamic compliance (100Hz): 9 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability at 2.0g : >60 µm
- Cantilever: Single crystal special cylindrical Ruby
- Stylus type: Nude Super Micro Line
- Stylus tip radius: .000079 x .0031 inch
- Tracking force: 2.0 g
- Internal impedance @ 1kHz: 670 ohms
- Internal inductance: 270 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 100-300pF
- Cartridge color, body/stylus: Black/Gold/Black
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Mounting hardware included: 4 × Screws, 2 × Nuts
- Stylus replacement: R3SM stylus
Listen to the R3SM cartridge video at: LP GEAR R3SM vs Ortofon 2M Black
Footnote 1: See very informative review at Under $1,000 moving magnet cartridge shootout, 11 cartridges reviewed!