The Vessel B3SS cartridgeTHEVESSELB3SS
The Vessel B3SS cartridgeCode: THEVESSELB3SS
- Product Info
THE VESSEL B3SS CARTRIDGE
- Much more than music.
The creative brief for The Vessel™ cartridge series is simple: "Allow the artist to express his music with its amalgam of contradiction as it is elevates and transcends with the natural and artificial interpretation of the human art."
Special High Grade Boron exceeding those used previously by other manufacturers offers superb expression of tonal fullness and sensitivity to sentience. In combination with its Super Shibata diamond, the B3SS exude in elaborating in-the-moment experiences with your LPs—music rendered with grace, swiftness, liquidity and luminosity. It is sublime in its contradictions and counterpoints.
We compared it with the Ortofon 2M Bronze and 2M Black cartridges recently--this time with a more sensitive and higher resolution compact speakers. We found the A3SS to be far more expressive and emotionally grabbing than the top 2m cartridges. With its High Grade Boron cantilever and Nude Super Shibata stylus, the old 2m cartridges showed their age and couldn't keep up.
The Vessel B3SS Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Frequency range: 20-30,000 Hz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 2.5 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: <1.0dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 23dB
- Dynamic compliance (100Hz): 9 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability at 2.0g : >60 µm
- Cantilever: Special High Grade Boron
- Stylus type: Nude Super Shibata
- Stylus tip radius: .00016 x .0028 inch
- Tracking force: 2.0 g
- Internal impedance @ 1kHz: 670 ohms
- Internal inductance: 270 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 100-300pF
- Cartridge color, body/stylus: Black/Gold/Green
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Mounting hardware included: 4 × Screws, 2 × Nuts
- Stylus replacement: B3SS stylus
Footnote 1: See very informative review at Under $1,000 moving magnet cartridge shootout, 11 cartridges reviewed!.