THE VESSEL A3SE CARTRIDGE
- Much more than music.
The creative brief for The Vessel™ cartridge series is simple: "Allow the artist to express his music with its amalgam of contradiction as it is elevates and transcends with the natural and artificial interpretation of the human art."
The Vessel A3SE is a wonderfully disruptive cartridge. Its generous, organic and natural Full Spectra Sound complements any type of music on your list.5
The beautiful, natural tonal balance, richly harmonic presentation and spatial resolution convey sentience™ — the human element, tension and energy beyond hearing, beyond listening ensconced in the grooves of your vinyl.
It's more than just the sound, The Vessel cartridge communicates the emotional content in the groove. You'll hear it, you'll feel it and experience it.
The A3SE features a beautifully-made Super Elliptical diamond and uprated parts and materials handcrafted in Japan. Upgrading is as simple as swapping the stylus.
The Vessel A3SE Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Frequency range: 20-25,000 Hz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 3.0 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: <1.5dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 22dB
- Dynamic compliance (100Hz): 8 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability at 2.0g : 60 µm
- Cantilever: Special type aluminum pipe
- Stylus type: Super elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: 7.6µm × 15.5µm
- Tracking force: 2.0 g
- Internal impedance @ 1kHz: 670 ohms
- Internal inductance: 270 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 100-300pF
- Cartridge color, body/stylus: Black/Gold/Sky Blue
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Mounting hardware included: 4 × Screws, 2 × Nuts
- Stylus replacement: A3SE stylus
Footnote 1: Don Lindich, "Sound Advice Q&A Newspaper Column", Sound Advice, February 3, 2017.
Footnote 2: Ibid.
Footnote 3: HiFi Guy, LP Gear "Vessel" Cartridges.
Footnote 4: Customer e-mail Feb 12, 2017.
Footnote 5: Full Spectra Sound and sentience are best experienced with a high resolution system. LP Gear Music listening equipment: Graham Slee Reflex M phono preamp, Graham Slee Accession phono preamp, Graham Slee Elevator EXP headamp, Denon AU-300LC Step-up transformer, Graham Slee Proprius mono amps, Quicksilver Silver 88 mono amps, Odyssey Kismet stereo amp, Roadrunner Digital Turntable Tachometer, Sota Sapphire turntable, Pioneer PL-12D turntable, Audience SE Phono Cable, Audience Ohno speaker cables, Rogers LS3/5A speakers, Audience ClairAudient 1+1 Loudspeakers, Krell LAT 2 speakers, Yamaha NS1000M speakers,
LP Gear CF3600LE cartridge, Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Ortofon 2M Black cartridge, Rega Carbon, Supex SD 901 Super cartridge, Denon DL-103 cartridge, Denon DL-110 cartridge, Grace F-9E cartridge.