STYLUS FOR PIONEER PL-516 PL 516 PL516 TURNTABLE
The Pioneer PL-516 PL 516 PL516 turntable was fitted with a Pioneer PC-135 PC135 phono cartridge and a Pioneer PN-135 PN135 needle stylus. A photo of the stylus replacement is supplied above. The color of the stylus varies. Please verify and use this as a guide only since the cartridge and stylus may have been changed through the years.
Do not order this stylus if it looks different from what you have.
It will not fit if the original cartridge is missing or has been changed. Please contact us if you need
assistance or prefer a new cartridge. If possible, provide us with the markings on the existing cartridge and
stylus (look for the brand and model number). Photos will be helpful.
- For upgrades and accessories that enhance sound quality and fidelity, refer to Related Products.
Pioneer PC-135 Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Induced magnet
- Frequency response: 10-25,000 Hz
- Channel separation (minimum) @ 1kHz: More than 25 dB
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,50mm/sec or 2in/s): 3.0 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: within 1.5 dB
- Impedance @ 1kHz: 3.8 kΩ
- DC resistance: 850 Ω
- Inductance: 650 mH
- Replacement stylus: 0.5 mil diamond, PN-135
- Load resistance: 50 kΩ
- Tracking force: 1.5-2.3 g (proper 2 g)
- Weight: 5.4 g
Notes: (1) Life of stylus used in PC-135 is 800 to 1,000 hours. If used for longer periods, record damage or noise
can occur. Replace stylus within this time or at first signs of wear.
(2) Tracking force greater than the maximum indicated should not be used.
(3) Specifications for original Pioneer cartridge provided for reference only.