LP GEAR AT-95VL AT95VL CARTRIDGE
"..the bass seems fractionally fuller and more impactful..the treble is a revelation, which seems softer but more finely finessed and there's a good deal more air and space to proceedings too. This has implications for the midband,
bringing a better sense of focus to the stereo soundstage, and lending more depth. Overall, it's an all-round win for this little cartridge; the
modestly priced upgrade pushes it forward substantially. Oh, and if you have already got an AT95E, you can upgrade it with the LP Gear
ATN95VL for a modest fee." 2
The LP Gear AT95VL phono cartridge elevates the sound quality achievement of the best inexpensive cartridge, the AT95E, to a much higher level of musical grace thus giving the listener more discernment, more music to enjoy and audiophile fidelity captured from the record grooves. The LP Gear AT95VL is recommended for higher quality listening and for converting records to digital when the intent is to enjoy digitized music as you would the original recording.
A proven development by LP Gear, the AT95VL AT-95VL phono cartridge is the culmination of over a year's research, development and testing of many styli from various manufacturers. We use the same exact and proven AT95E cartridge body. The critical difference is in the newly designed ViVid Line diamond stylus carefully mounted on a thin wall Zualum tubular cantilever for natural sound quality. The result - superb fidelity captured right from the record grooves.
LP Gear AT95VL Phono Cartridge Details
- Output voltage @ 1kHz, 5cm/sec.: 3.0mV
- Channel balance: Within 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 20dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-21kHz
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance 100-200 pf
- Stylus type: Vivid-Line Contact
- Stylus construction: Bonded
- Cantilever: Zualum metal alloy
- Tracking force range: 1.5-2.5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 2 g (20 mN)
- Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Coil impedance @ 1kHz: 2.8k ohms
- Coil inductance @ 1kHz: 400 mH
- Color: Black/Blue
- Weight: 6.6 g
- Dimensions (mm): 30.5L × 17W × 17.20H
- Stylus replacement: LP Gear ATN95VL
Note: Details are subject to change without notice.
The AT95VL phono cartridge is upgradeable to the
LP Gear AT95SA phono cartridge by simply replacing its
stylus with the LP Gear ATN95SA stylus.
1 David Price, "LP Gear AT95VL cartridge", HiFi Choice, June 2015. The venerable reviewer found the LP Gear AT95VL cartridge to be a significant sound quality step above the standard Audio-Technica AT95E cartridge.