Audio-Technica AT-F2 MC phono cartridgeATF2
Audio-Technica AT-F2 MC phono cartridgeCode: ATF2
- Product Info
AUDIO-TECHNICA ATF2 AT F2 AT-F2 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The new Audio-Technica AT-F2 stereo moving coil cartridge offers unheard of musical achievement and value. It is an excellent example of Audio-Technica's latest leap and advancement in technical expertise, unique technological knowledge, and employment of hybrid materials to engineer MC cartridges of optimal and world-class performance. In this instance, its high achievement is fulfilled through a balance of material use and technical implementations each contributing to the AT-F2's musical rightness - the reverse V-shaped dual left and right coil design, special elliptical stylus, aluminum pipe cantilever, PCOCC coil, Neodymium magnet, and precision crafted sturdy aluminum base.
● Elliptical stylus with curvature radii of 0.3 x .07 mil mounted on an aluminum pipe in order to achieve lighter weight and thus able to fully express fully-dimensional sound quality.
● Magnetic circuit with Neodymium magnet provides maximum magnetic energy and strength of the magnetic field concentrated in the coil gap. This magnetic circuit increases the output voltage, and also enhances playback capability in the medium to low-frequency range.
● The PCCOC coil enables purer transmission because it is not subject to grain boundaries in the direction of the transmission.
● Precision-crafted sturdy aluminum alloy base that supports the magnetic circuit and vibration system serves as a solid base to frame a stable and wide soundstage and playback capability.
● Hybrid body that reduces unnecessary parasitic resonance. The base is made of precision-crafted aluminum materials and the housing is made of hard resin. Together they dissipate parasitic resonance and improve signal to noise ration so you'll experience more detail and clarity.
● Dual moving coil system offers outstandingly high separation and wide response. The AT-F2 adopts a reverse V-shaped formation for the two left and right coils to reduce the vibration mass as seen from the stylus tip. The cartridge has a basic structure where power is generated independently for the left and right channels thus resulting in naturally excellent separation and finely delineated sound quality.
Audio-Technica AT-F2 Comparative
The Denon DL-103 is a classic and is esteemed even today as one of audio's most remarkable values. It has a rightness in sound - a balance of liveliness, presence and rhythmic quality that endures. This is a cartridge that remains unchanged since its introduction in 1963!
The AT-F2 expresses a wider scale of harmonic richness, clarity of tonal color, rhythmic energy and wide dynamic range. In our estimation, both cartridges provide enormous musical enjoyment, the difference being with the AT-F2 there is much more harmonics, more spectral colors. It is more prismatic thus allowing more facets of music to be discovered, cherished and enjoyed.
Audio-Technica AT-F2 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Tonearm mount: 1/2 inch
- Type: Moving coil
- Frequency response: 15Hz-30kHz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 0.32mV
- Tracking force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Recommended load impedance: Minimum 100 ohms
- Coil impedance: 12 ohms (1kHz)
- DC resistance: 12 ohms
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 25dB
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: >1.5dB
- Dynamic compliance: 9.0 x 10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Static compliance: 35 x 10-6cm/dyne
- Stylus: Elliptical 0.3 × 0.7 mil
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Dimensions: 17.3"h x 16.8"w x 25.4"l
- Weight: 5.0 g
- Accessories included: Stylus protector (x 1), nuts (x 2), washers (x 2), cartridge mounting screws 5 mm (x 2), 9 mm (x 2)
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice due to improvement.
Music listening equipment: Graham Slee Reflex M phono preamp, Graham Slee Elevator EXP headamp, Denon AU-300LC Step-up transformer, Graham Slee Proprius mono amps, Quicksilver Silver 88 mono amps, Roadrunner Digital Turntable Tachometer, Sota Sapphire turntable, Supex SD 901 Super, Denon DL-103 cartridge, Audience SE Phono Cable, Audience Ohno speaker cables, Rogers LS3/5A speakers, Audience ClairAudient 1+1 Loudspeakers, Krell LAT 2 speakers, Yamaha NS1000M speakers.