NAGAOKA MP-200 MP 200 MP200 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The Nagaoka MP-200 is a cartridge of musical contrasts. On one hand, it is a very refined cartridge that offers an organic, fluid presentation with an engaging midrange reproduction of vocals and instruments, and superbly smooth highs. On the other hand, it retains the detail, luster, dynamics and presence of music that are so often buried and attenuated by smooth sounding cartridges. It is this ability to engage music with its contrasts that makes the MP-200 so endearing, involving and extraordinary when compared to its price peers and beyond.
For many, this is the final cartridge to own given its affordability and ROME (return on musical enjoyment). For the few who seek beyond, the Nagaoka the MP-300 and MP-500 offer suitable solace.
Nagaoka MP-200 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving magnet
- Cantilever: High-strength Boron
- Stylus type: Superfine elliptical diamond
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 4mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-23kHz
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: > 1.5dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 25dB
- Recommended loading: 47k ohms
- Dynamic compliance: 7.2 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Static compliance: 20 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking force range: 1.5 - 2.0 g
- Break-in period: 30 hours
- Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-P200
Footnote 1: See very informative review at Under $1,000 moving magnet cartridge shootout, 11 cartridges reviewed!.