NAGAOKA JT-555 JT555 TONAR 555 PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Performance that really merits the word 'Extraordinary'
The new old stock Tonar 555 cartridge / Nagaoka JT-555 JT555 cartridge both use the same Ultra-Ex nude stylus and solid-black carbon cantilever. They are exactly the same except the latter was manufactured by Nagaoka under private label for Tonar. A photo of the Nagaoka JT555 cartridge is provided below. The Ultra-Ex stylus offers top performance for stereo to discrete four-channel reproduction, long playing life and clear tonal quality. The solid-black carbon cantilever with its very high rigidity and very low effective mass, faithfully transmits the most delicate movements of the stylus tip to the magnet. By combining the solid-black carbon cantilever with the Ultra-Ex stylus tip, the frequency response range has been widened to cover everything from the subsonic to the supersonic.
We bought these as a special buy for those who seek an exquisite sounding phono cartridge at a very affordable price. Limited quantity.
Please note: Customers who purchase will receive the Tonar 555 cartridge.
Nagaoka JT555 Tonar 555 Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Stereo moving magnet
- Material: Super permalloy shield, injection mold frame
- Frequency response: 10Hz-28kHz
- Effective mass: 0.6 mg
- Channel balance: 1dB @ 1kHz
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 20dB
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 3.3mV
- Recommended load: 50k ohm
- Stylus: Ultra-Extend (Nude Shibata Equivalent)
- Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-555 expert super
- Cantilever: Solid carbon-black (Special Carbon Fiber)
- Dynamic compliance: 10 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne @ 100 Hz
- Static compliance: 20 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne
- Tracking force: 1.1 - 1.5 g (Optimum 1.3 g)
- Weight: 5.2 g
- Size: 15.5 x 27 x 22 mm
- Mounting: JIS EIA (12.7 mm), 1/2 inc mount
- Accessories included: screwdriver, 2 screws and nuts
Photo of Nagaoka JT-555 cartridge: