LP GEAR AT-95E PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. 2018, 2019, & 2020
Introduced in 2003 by LP GEAR to the US and beyond, the AT95E with its overarching radiance and modest price was soon recognized as
the best inexpensive phono cartridge. The AT95E has a very distinguished and colorful lineage. On its own, it has been a multiple recipient of Best Buy ratings in the UK. Its lineage is intertwined with the classic and musically acclaimed Linn Basik, K5 and K9 phono cartridges. Unlike these cartridges however, the AT95E is delightfully affordable and available. Since October 2004 and up to the present, the AT95E is included in the Stereophile Recommended Components List. It is the only inexpensive phono cartridge to be included in this highly selective recommended list! The review summarized the performance of the AT95E with the following words: "Makes music for 50 bucks!"
Paul Szabady in Stereotimes March 2007 had this to say about the LP Gear AT95E phono cartridge:
"The AT95E integrates the range of the sonic bandwidth very well: no part of the spectrum sticks out at the listener. It doesn’t sound bright and it doesn’t sound dull at the top frequencies. Mid range is clear and detailed with no spittiness on vocals, though really cheap and inadequate analog match-ups will cause an slight upper mid-range burr."
On 8/20/20, with the help of a world-class third party OEM cartridge manufacturer, we offered an update for the 95E to the SE via an upgrade stylus for three-dimensional sentient response and more holistic performance!
Audio-Texhnica AT95E Phono Cartridge Details
- Output voltage @ 1kHz, 5cm/sec.: 3.5mV
- Channel balance: Within 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 20dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance 100-200 pf
- Stylus type: 0.4 x 0.7 mil elliptical diamond stylus
- Tracking force range: 1.5-2.5 g
- Tracking force recommended: 2 g (20 mN)
- Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Coil impedance @ 1kHz: 2.8k ohms
- Coil inductance @ 1kHz: 400 mH
- Color: Black/Green
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Dimensions (mm): 30.5l x 17w x 17.20h
Note: Details are subject to change without notice.
- Original replacement stylus: Audio-Tecgbica TN95E Stylus
- Upgrade stylus: LP Gear ATN95SE Stylus
- Superior stylus: LP Gear ATN95VL Stylus
- Ultimate stylus: LP Gear ATN95SA Stylus
Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Stereophile Recommended Component: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. 2018, 2019, & 2020.