GOLDRING ELEKTRA PHONO CARTRIDGE
HiFi Choice recommended, the Goldring Elektra is an inexpensive moving magnet phono cartridge that incorporates several audiophile features. It is in wide use and has enjoyed many positive reviews from both the audiophile press and end-users. The Golding Elektra phono cartridge possesses a tracking ability that is excellent and it uses an elliptical stylus tip. The low-mass cantilever assembly has a wide ranging compatibility with the best tonearms and turntables available.
The Goldring Elektra phono cartridge is not only very good - it has become the standard of initial excellence and reliability.
When you are ready to upgrade and appreciate finer presentation of music, the solution is quick and simple. You can simply replace the existing Goldring D152E stylus. We recommend the LP Gear replacement for the D152E stylus, which can be purchased from the Related Products below.
Goldring Elektra Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 20dB
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 5mV±2dB
- Static compliance: 16mm/N
- Equivalent tip mass: 0.7 mg
- Vertical tracking angle: 26°
- Stylus radius: Elliptical .0007 x .0003 (18µ x 7µ)
- Stylus type: Replaceable, Golding D152E stylus
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance: 150-400 pf
- Internal inductance: 560 mH
- Internal resistance: 700 ohms
- Weight: 4.2 g
- Mounting: 1/2 inch (12.7 mm)
- Tracking force range: 1.5-3.0 g (2.0 g nominal)
Footnote 1: "Goldring Electra", HiFi Choice. Review verdict of Golding Elektra cartridge.
Footnote 2: "Goldring Electra Cartridge ", Audiogon. Forum review and discussion of Elektra cartridge comparing it to other cartridges.