GODRING E3 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The E Series are designed to accurately reproduce the original recording, maintaining the creative nuances, musicality and rhythm the artist
crafted his audience to hear. These cartridges are intended for use with medium to high mass tonearms found on many current production turntables.
The high standard of reproduction benefits from dual magnet technology and expert micro-adjustments of horizontal tracking during production.
The E3 cartridge, the highest in the range, utilizes the same aluminum alloy cantilever of the E2, performance elevated by
a superior bonded, super-elliptical (0.3 x 0.7 mil) stylus. This gives it superior high frequency groove detail retrieval ability over
ordinary elliptical (0.4 x 0.7 mil) or spherical (0.6 mil) styli.
Goldring E3 Cartridge Specifications
- Product Code: GL0058
- Color: violet
- Cantilever: Aluminum
- Stylus profile: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: 0.3 × 0.7 mil
- Replacement stylus: GL0059
- Frequency range: 20 Hz -20 kHz
- Channel balance: 1.5 dB at 1 kHz
- Output voltage: 3.5 mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/sec)
- Static compliance: 20 µm/mN
- Dynamic compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Load resistance: 47 kΩ
- Load capacitance: 100-200 pF
- Internal inductance: 400 mH
- Internal resistance: 410 Ω
- Cartridge weight: 6.9 g
- Mounting: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Tracking force range: 1.5 g - 2.5 g (2.0 g recommended)
Footnote 1: See full review at Goldring E3 Cartridge: Toting A Super-Elliptical Stylus.