DENON DL-160 DL 160 DL160 PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Discontinued, see Related Products for replacement.
Developed using Denon's state of the art moving coil manufacturing facility and know-how, the Denon DL-160 phono cartridge was designed to enable more people to enjoy the exquisite sound quality of Denon's low-output moving coil cartridges. To that end, the Denon DL-160 is a moving coil cartridge capable of producing a high output of 1.6mV which is equivalent to the output of moving magnet (MM) phono cartridges. The Denon DL-160 phono cartridge can thus be directly connected the MM phono input of your amplifier or receiver without the need for a step-up transformer, head amplifier or pre-preamp.
The moving coil cartridge provides a more sensitive transition from the physical record grooves to an electrical signal. By using a tapered cantilever design, the Denon DL-160 phono cartridge ensures a smooth accurate response while reducing the total tracking weight. Its elliptical stylus is designed for optimal performance, creating a vibrant sound stage and extremely realistic nuance. The Denon DL-160 phono cartridge will provide its fastidious owner with many precious listening hours of tracking and replaying your favorite music.
Denon DL-160 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving coil
- Output voltage: 1.6mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-50kHz
- Recommended load impedance: over 47k ohms
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: Within 1db
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 25dB
- Stylus tip: 0.07 x 0.14mm special elliptical solid diamond
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended tracking force: 1.6g +/- 0.3g
- Color: Blue swirl
- Weight: 4.8 g