GOLDRING 1042 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The Goldring 1042 phono cartridge offers superbly accurate and harmonically opulent sound quality with its acclaimed Gyger S diamond stylus. Advanced diamond tip polishing ensures excellent tracking ability and reduces record wear. The Goldring 1042 offers pinnacle performance at a fraction of what others exorbitantly charge for similar quality.
The Goldring 1042 phono cartridge has a strong, one-piece molded body made from an ultra-rigid glass-reinforced polyester. All fixed parts can be held securely in place and the body can be tightly bolted to the head shell to create structural unity. Its highly efficient magnetic circuit makes for a smooth and extended frequency response. As with all Goldring cartridges, the Goldring 1042 phono cartridge is rigorously tested at the factory to ensure optimum standards of performance and reliability.
Goldring 1042 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 3dB
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 2dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 25dB
- Output voltage: 6.5mV
- Static compliance: 24mm/N lateral, 16mm/N vertical
- Equivalent tip mass: 0.45 mg
- Vertical tracking angle: 24°
- Stylus shape: Gyger S
- Stylus replacement: Golding D42
- Load resistance: 47k ohms
- Load capacitance: 150 - 200 pf
- Internal inductance: 560 mH
- Internal resistance: 660 ohms
- Weight: 6.3 g
- Mounting: 1/2 inch (12.7 mm)
- Tracking force range: 1.5 - 2.0 g (1.7 g nominal)
1 Thorsten Loesch, "Goldring 1042 Moving Magnet cartridge", TNT-Audio - online HiFi review.
2 "Goldring 1042", Hi-Fi World.