THE VESSEL A3SM CARTRIDGE
- Much more than music.
The creative brief for The Vessel™ cartridge series is simple: "Allow the artist to express his music with its amalgam of contradiction as it is elevates and transcends with the natural and artificial interpretation of the human art."
The wonderfully disruptive A3SM exceeds expectations in every respect for extracting and conveying sentience™ — the energy beyond hearing, beyond listening hiding in the grooves of your favorite LPs.
It delivers perceptively more radiance and luminosity with its Microline diamond along with a fast, transparent and natural presentation that direct-connects you to your music. It sets up a large,
focused and dynamic soundstage. The Vessel captures and conveys Full Spectra Sound, a totality of the musical experience - its direct, angular, spatial and reflective acoustic - enabling shape consistency
and depth so the emotional content of the music is finally revealed.4
The Vessel A3SM Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Frequency range: 20-35,000 Hz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 2.5 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: <1.0dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 24dB
- Dynamic compliance (100Hz): 10 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability at 2.0g : 70 µm
- Cantilever: Special type aluminum pipe
- Stylus type: Nude Super Micro Line
- Stylus tip radius: .000079 x .0031 inch
- Tracking force: 2.0 g
- Internal impedance @ 1kHz: 670 ohms
- Internal inductance: 270 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Cartridge color, body/stylus: Black/Gold/Black
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Mounting hardware included: 4 × Screws, 2 × Nuts
- Stylus replacement: A3SM stylus
Footnote 1: Refer to complete review to fully appreciate the context of this quote: LP Gear - The Vessel A3SM Cartridge.
Footnote 2: John Hoffman, "LP Gear - The Vessel A3SM Cartridge", Positive-Feedback.com, Issue 87 (09-29-2016).
Footnote 3: Ibid.
Footnote 4: Full Spectra Sound and sentience are best experienced with a high resolution system. LP Gear Music listening equipment: Graham Slee Reflex M phono preamp, Graham Slee Elevator EXP headamp, Denon AU-300LC Step-up transformer, Graham Slee Proprius mono amps, Quicksilver Silver 88 mono amps, Roadrunner Digital Turntable Tachometer, Sota Sapphire turntable, Audience SE Phono Cable, Audience Ohno speaker cables, Rogers LS3/5A speakers, Audience ClairAudient 1+1 Loudspeakers, Krell LAT 2 speakers, Yamaha NS1000M speakers,
LP Gear CF3600LE cartridge, Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Rega Carbon, Supex SD 901 Super cartridge, Denon DL-103 cartridge, Denon DL-110 cartridge, Grace F-9E cartridge.