QUICKSILVER LINE STAGE PREAMP
The Quicksilver Line stage preamplifier embodies the Quicksilver philosophy of musicality, simplicity, reliability, and solid construction. It uses only one triode tube section of a 12AX7 per channel, resulting in a very direct sound that delivers wide bandwidth, increased dynamic range and low distortion. It is considered by many to be one of the most musically endowed preamps with its penchant for very rich, vivid, and remarkable reproduction of voice and musical instruments without the grating sibilance.
With its 100 ohm output, the Quicksilver Line Stage is capable of driving amps with low input impedance down to 20K. It can also be used with long interconnect cables. A precision Alps attenuator, with 41 detents, is used for the volume control. The 14 gold Teflon insert RCA jacks are chassis mounted for long life and a switched AC outlet are on the back of the unit.
Quicksilver Line Stage Preamp Specifications
- Power bandwidth: 0.1Hz - 60kHz
- Gain: 18dB
- Input impedance: 100k ohms, 20Hz 20kHz
- Output impedance: 100 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz
- Maximum input: 30 volts RMS, 20Hz-20kHz
- Maximum output: 65 volts RMS, 20 Hz-20kHz
- Tube complement: 2-12AX7
- Dimensions: 3"h x 9.5"d x 15"w
- Front panel: 3.25"h x 17"w
- Weight: 12 lbs.