NAGAOKA MP-300 MP 300 MP300 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The Nagaoka MP-300 is an advanced technology cartridge that offers detail resolution, finer images on a wider, deeper, better-defined soundstage, and an overall balance that is among the most pleasing regardless of price.
It offers sophistication, refinement and high-definition at all audible frequencies thus making it one of our favorite phono cartridges. It's nimble on the grooves, vivid, frames a wide, deep and defined soundstage and is easy on the ears so you keep on wanting to listen more.
All this wonderful musical excellence is cocooned for years of listening pleasure.
Nagaoka MP-300 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving magnet
- Cantilever: High-strength boron
- Stylus type: Superfine polished elliptical bonded diamond
- Weight: 8 g
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 3mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-25kHz
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: > 1dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 25dB
- Recommended loading: 47k ohms
- Dynamic compliance: 7.2 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Static compliance: 20 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking force range: 1.3 - 1.8 g
- Break-in period: 30 hours
- Stylus replacement: Nagaoka JN-P300
Footnote 1: Michael Fremer, "Nine Cartridges Reviewed, Compared and File Identities Revealed!", Analog Planet, August 22, 2013.