KOETSU BLACK GOLDLINE PHONO CARTRIDGE
Throughout time, the Koetsu Black has maintained its dual role as Koetsu's entry-level model and Koetsu's best-known cartridge. In 2002, the torch was passed from Yoshiaki Sugano, the founder of Koetsu, to his son, Fumihiko Sugano - who was especially trained to take over. Thus the Koetsu Black's legacy continues and endures. Reviewers and listeners marvel and kvell the Koetsu Black as relevant and exceptional.
Koetsu Black Goldline Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Frequency response: 20Hz-100kHz
- Output voltage: 0.4mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 0.50dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 25dB
- Stylus type: Proprietary
- Cantilever: Boron
- Tracking force: 1.8-2.0 g
- Compliance: 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne @ 100 Hz
- Coil Wiring: Copper
- Magnet: Somarium cobalt
- Body: Anodized aluminum
- Weight: 10.8 g
"Its sound was lovely: smooth, textured, exceptionally colorful, and just a little rolled off in its treble range."
"The Koetsu Black phono cartridge is a lovely, musical product..."
- Stereophile Class B Recommended Component Vol. 31 No.10 October 2008
"The Koetsu's timbral richness and realism were a joy..."
- Art Dudley, Stereophile, July 2007