Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III phono cartridgeATOC9III
Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III phono cartridgeCode: ATOC9III
- Product Info
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-OC9/III AT OC9/III ATOC9/III CARTRIDGE
The Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III is the latest evolution of the Audio-Technica AT-OC9 cartridge originally launched in 1987. Over the years the Audio-Technica AT-OC series has undergone a number of model changes both inside and outside Japan, and it has continued to be a best seller for over 20 years. While drawing on the basic design of the Audio-Technica AT-OC9ML/II which has been available exclusively in overseas markets and which has received critical acclaim all these years, the Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III is the result of a fresh approach based on a thorough review of the stylus tip, cantilever, magnetic circuit parts, damper and other aspects designed to track and reproduce the highest sound quality. With the new Audio-Technica AT-OC9 III cartridge you will experience musical opulence and expressiveness of sound layered on depths of silence.
Customer feedback indicates the AT-OC9III offers exceptional musicality and performance comparable to the best cartridge regardless of price.
- Special line contact stylus with solid boron cantilever
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke for increased magnetic concentration and energy
- PCOCC used for coils and terminal pins for pure electrical transmission
- Dual moving coil for high separation and wide response
- Especially strong and rigid VC mold holds the coils in place for minimized vibration
- Precision-crafted aluminum alloy body and hard resin structure designed for high rigidity, minimized vibration and improved signal to noise ratio
- Brass mounting screws designed to optimally produce high sound quality for the cartridge
Audio-Technica AT-OC9/III Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Tonearm mount: ½ inch
- Type: Moving coil
- Frequency response: 15Hz-50kHz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec: 0.4mV
- Tracking force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Recommended load impedance: Minimum 100 ohms
- Coil impedance: 12 ohms
- DC resistance: 12 ohms
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 30dB
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: >0.5dB
- Dynamic compliance: 18.0 x 10-6cm/dyne (100Hz)
- Static compliance: 35 x 10-6cm/dyne
- Stylus type: Contact line diamond 0.0016 × 0.00028 inch
- Cantilever: 0.26 solid boron
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Dimensions (mm): L25.7 x W16.8 x H17.3
- Weight: 8 g
- Accessories included: Nonmagnetic Screwdriver, washers, stylus protector, screws, nuts, stylus brush, PCOCC lead wire set
Please note: Moving coil cartridges require receivers and pre amps with special compatible inputs. Their stylus assemblies are not user-replaceable.
Footnote 1: This Stereophile review compares the OC9/III to the van den Hul MC-One and the Krell cartridges. Alvin Gold's review of the AT-OC9 is likewise provided. See both at Audio-Technica AT-OC9 Phono Cartridge.
Footnote 2: One of many quotes from forum discussion at AudioKarma.org.
Footnote 3: See ToneAudio review at Audio Technica AT-OC9/III Phono Cartridge.