AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-440ML AT440ML PHONO CARTRIDGE
- Original AT440ML/OCC cartridge, sound quality, extended frequency and performance
- Discontinued. For replacement, refer to VM540ML in Related
Audio-Technica is the world leader in phonograph cartridges. Its cartridges are used by many renowned companies as original installed equipment and under private label. It is one of the last manufacturers to offer a full line of phono cartridge products that meet the needs of many budget segments, turntable/tonearm requirements, and performance levels.
Audio-Technica's moving magnet cartridge design is patented and delivers "Practically Identical to the Cutter Head" performance. Instead of using a single, large magnet like other cartridge manufacturers, Audio-Technica's patented Vector-Aligned™ Dual Magnet design positions two tiny magnets 90 degrees apart. These magnets are positioned directly in line with the two groove walls and each magnet incorporates a separate, independent coil structure. This low magnet mass and geometry allow exact translation of record groove motion into matching electrical signals, ensuring excellent channel separation, extended frequency response, and superior tracking.
Each Audio-Technica cartridge is hand-assembled with tolerances held to mere thousandths of an inch. Stringent quality control assures that tolerances and performance criteria are maintained for each product. This attention to every micro detail in design, construction and final assembly results in superior phono cartridges that are delightfully musical and musically accurate.
With the AT440ML phono cartridge, Audio-Technica delivers musical excellence in an affordable audiophile cartridge that rightfully should be compared with moving magnets costing many times its price. The Audio-Technica AT440ML's excellence lies in its advanced technology, design and materials uniquely available to Audio-Technica because of its deep technical history and production capabilities.
Audio-Technica AT440ML Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Frequency response (Hz): 5-32,000
- Output voltage (mV, 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 5.0
- Channel balance (dB, 1kHz: 0.75
- Channel separation (dB, 1kHz: 30
- Dynamic compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 10
- Static compliance (x10-6 cm/dyne): 40
- Stylus type: 0.12 mil nude square Micro-linear
- Tracking force range: 1.0 - 1.8 g
- Tracking force recommended: 1.4 g (14 mN)
- Vertical tracking angle: 20°
- Coil impedance @ 1kHz: 3.2k ohm
- Coil inductance @ 1kHz: 490 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47k ohms
- Color: Black/Violet
- Weight: 6.5 g
- Dimensions (mm): H17.3 × W16 × D28.2
- Stylus replacement: Audio-Technica ATN-440ML
- Accessories included: Screwdriver, screws, nuts, headshell wires