AT-LP120 THE VESSEL CARTRIDGE UPGRADE
The Vessel A3SE is a wonderfully disruptive cartridge. Its exquisite, organic and natural Full Spectra Sound lifts the AT-LP120's sound quality above and beyond the factory installed AT95E cartridge.
The beautiful, natural tonal balance, richly harmonic presentation and spatial resolution convey sentience™ — the human element, tension and energy beyond hearing, beyond listening ensconced in the grooves of your vinyl.
It's more than just the sound, The Vessel cartridge communicates the emotional energy in the groove. You'll hear it, feel it and experience it.
The A3SE features a beautifully-made Super Elliptical diamond and uprated parts and materials handcrafted in Japan. Upgrading is as simple as swapping the stylus.
The Vessel A3SE Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving Magnet
- Frequency range: 20-25,000 Hz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 3.0 mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: <1.5dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 22dB
- Dynamic compliance (100Hz): 8 × 10-6 cm/dyne
- Tracking ability at 2.0g : 60 µm
- Cantilever: Special type aluminum pipe
- Stylus type: Super elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: 7.6µm × 15.5µm
- Tracking force: 2.0 g
- Internal impedance @ 1kHz: 670 ohms
- Internal inductance: 270 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 100-300pF
- Cartridge color, body/stylus: Black/Gold/Sky Blue
- Weight: 6.0 g
- Mounting hardware included: 4 × Screws, 2 × Nuts
- Stylus replacement: A3SE stylus
Footnote 1: Don Lindich, "Sound Advice Q&A Newspaper Column", Sound Advice, February 3, 2017.
Footnote 2: Ibid.
Footnote 3: HiFi Guy, LP Gear "Vessel" Cartridges.
Footnote 4: Customer e-mail Feb 12, 2017.