PRO-JECT ANTI-SKATE WEIGHT FOR PRO-JECT TONEARMS
- Loop attaches to rear of most Pro-Ject tonearms installed in Pro-ject turntables
A 3.5 gram cylindrical drum with attached fishing line and loop at the end, this
device is compatible with Pro-ject turntables and Music Hall turntables that use this weight method for anti-skating. Imported from Europe.
How to Adjust Anti-Skating Force
Anti-skating should be adjusted only after cartridge alignment and tracking force have been set. During phono cartridge alignment, the anti-skating force should be set to zero.
1) Set the anti-skating loop on the first notch.
2) Select a stereo LP record of choice, preferably one that you are very familiar with. Place this on the platter and switch the turntable to play.
3) Listen to the LP. When the anti-skating is too low,
the left channel will dominate in terms of volume and
4) Increase the anti-skating to the next notch.
Listen again. Repeat step. You will reach a point where
the right and and left channel will sound equally
expressive, open and dynamic. You will know that you
have reached the correct anti-skating force only
when you have exceeded it. This will be manifested
sonically by a sudden deterioration in sound quality.
Then you adjust anti-skating to the previous notch.