MUSIC HALL MMF-2.2 MMF 2.2 MMF2.2 TURNTABLE IMPROVED BY LP GEAR
- With Music Hall Tracker cartridge
The Music Hall MMF2.2 turntable offers several enhancements over the Music Hall MMF2.1 including the tonearm from the MMF5, new vibration damping feet and a lower resonant platform. It also now comes in georgeous gloss black to match the rest of the MMF line.
The Music Hall MMF2.2 is a complete turntable system including tonearm with the Music Hall Tracker cartridge mounted at the factory. At $449.00, it has no peer and is the best value audiophile quality turntable available in the market. Minimal set-up is required. In about 20 minutes you should be able to start listening to your records. The illustrated instructions are simple, clear and easy-to-follow.
It sounds quite good right out of the box. Its has a bit of brashness and sibilance that can be sometimes annoying. Also, it may lack verve and clarity. Our own LP Gear Rx9HE stylus overcomes these issues and lifts performance to a higher level of discernment. The LP Gear Rx9HE stylus offers a natural and refined tonal balance with vivid and graceful detail - music you can listen to for hours and hours.
The Music Hall MMF2.2 turntable is a 2-speed (33 1/3 and 45 RPM) belt drive design of sheer simplicity. Bereft of adornment, its engineering is focused on critical components - the bearing, motor, tonearm, and isolation.
Music Hall MMF2.2 Turntable Features
- High-quality, stainless steel sheathed bearing in a bronze fitting which comes pre-charged with lubricant
- Teflon thrust plate ensures a fluid and noise free operation.
- 2-speed high-torque, AC-synchronous motor, decoupled from the turntable by a rubber spring suspension and four rubber dampers thus minimizing vibration
- Rubber drive belt with connection the motor to the non-resonant polymer sub platter
- Precision high-quality one-piece alloy tonearm for structural integrity and superb tracing ability
- Adjustable VTA tonearm for a damped arm lift and highly flexible internal wiring drawn from high purity copper
- Special vibration damping feet
- High-quality, gold-plated phono jacks
- Dynamically balanced 4.5 lb machined metal alloy platter for rotational stability and minimizing wow.
- Cartridge factory installed correctly
- Gorgeous high-gloss piano black lacquer finish and handsome removable dustcover
- 45 RPM adapter (supplied accessory)
- Excellent instruction manual
- Easy 20-minute assembly
- One full-year factory warranty
Music Hall MMF2.2 Turntable Specifications
- Power supply: 110V/60Hz
- Power absorption: 2 VA
- Speeds: 33 1/3 rpm, manual commutation to 45 rpm
- Deviation from nominal speed: +/- 0.9%
- Wow and flutter: +/- 0.15%
- Rumble max: -70dB
- Tracking force: 10 - 30 mN
- Tonearm effective length: 9"
- Overhang: 0.67"
- Platter diameter: 11.81"
- Platter weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Dimensions: 16.5"w x 12.5"d x 4.5"h
- Weight (incl. packing material): 17 lbs
The retail price of the regular MMF-2.2 is $449.00. For the same price, we will provide you the LP Gear Improved MMF-2.2 turntable. We are providing for FREE, the LP Gear Rx9HE stylus (retail value $64.90) for you to replace the factory installed stylus. The Rx9HE stylus offers natural sound, superior tone, spatial detail and clarity. You can keep the factory supplied stylus for back-up. If you want to enjoy your records again or record them to CDs or MP3 and have been amazed by the high prices of high quality turntables, then the LP Gear Improved MMF2.2 is your solution. It's available only here at LPGear.com.