Audio-Technica AT-LP5X turntableATLP005X
Audio-Technica AT-LP5X turntableCode: ATLP005X
- Product Info
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-LP5 TURNTABLE
- This next-generation LP5 turntable pushes the acclaimed performance of its predecessor to new heights, with upgraded features like the versatile AT-VM95E cartridge and a preamp gain switch to accommodate both moving magnet and moving coil cartridges.>
○ Direct-drive, high-torque low-noise motor
○ Fully manual operation with three speeds: 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM
○ Exclusive AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
○ Lightweight AT-HS6 headshell
○ J-shaped tonearm J-shaped tonearm, modeled after original Audio-Technica designs from the 1960s-70s, is eengineered to minimize tracking errors
○ Switchable MM/MC built-in pre-amplifier line enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
○ Heavy rubber damping mat for improved low-frequency reproduction
○ Sleek, matte black finish
○○ Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable
○ Included dust cover and mounting hardware
The AT-LP5X direct-drive turntable brings advanced technology and sleek, contemporary styling together for performance that exudes and feels as fantastic as it sounds. Born of Audio-Technica's rich analog heritage, the AT-LP5 incorporates a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and '70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. It comes outfitted with a lightweight (10 g) AT-HS10 headshell and high-performance AT-VM95E Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge, fitted specifically for this turntable.
Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5 is a class leader in limiting low-frequency acoustical feedback. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, high-torque motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The platter is topped by a 5 mm thick rubber damping mat that improves low-frequency reproduction.
The AT-LP5X features a built-in switchable MM/MC phono/line preamp that enables it to be connected directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers and other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The turntable is also equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer, and comes with PC- and Mac-compatible Audacity software that lets you convert your records to MP3, WAV or other digital audio file formats.
Footnote 1: See full context and more comments at Audio Technica AT-LP5 review.
Footnote 2: Ibid.
- Audio-Technica AT-LP5 specifications
- Type: 2-speed, fully manual operation
- Motor: DC motor
- Drive method: Direct Drive
- Speeds: 33-1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Turntable platter: Die-cast aluminium, precision machined
- Starting torque: >1.6 kgf.cm
- Braking system: Electronic brake
- Wow and flutter: < 0.2% WRMS (JIS WTD) with 33 RPM
- Signal-to-noise ratio: > 50 dB
- Output level pre-amp: Pre-amp PHONO: 4 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec ; Pre-amp LINE: 150 mV nominal at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec
- USB function: A/D, D/A - 16 bit 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz USB selectable; Computer interface - USB 2.0 Compliant Windows XP, Vista or above or MAC OSX or above
- Dimensions: 450.0 mm W × 352.0 mm D × 157.0 mm H
- Weight: 7.4 kg
- Accessories included: Exclusive AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge ; AT-HS10 Lightweight Headshell ; Dust cover with mounting hardware ; AC line cord ; Dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable ; 45 RPM adapter ; USB cable ; Recording software ; Cartridge alignment and overhang adjustment template.