AUDEZE LCD-X HEADPHONE WITH RUGGED TRAVEL CASE
The reference-level LCD-X is an exciting addition to Audeze's LCD planar magnetic headphone collection. The LCD-X features a newly-developed and processed transducer made of a thinner and lighter alternative material with new Fazor technology.
Audeze patent-pending Fazor elements are unique to the LCD-X and LCD-XC and help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone. The result is improved phase response, greater frequency extension, smoother frequency response, and remarkable 3D holographic imaging.
The LCD-X transducer is specifically designed to work with a wide variety of driving sources. From portable players to studio use, the LCD-X provides high volume without a headphone amplifier even though all LCD-series products benefit from a high-quality amp.
The LCD-X earcups are made from polished anodized aluminum with sloped ear pads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free super-suede microfiber fabric. The earpads are designed with specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and acoustic balance.
● Each LCD-X comes with:
- ADZ6SE Cable (single-ended 1/4"): 1/4" TRS to 2x4-pin mini XLR
- ADZ6B4 Cable (balanced 4-pin): 4-pin XLR to 2x4-pin mini XLR
- 1/4" to 1/8" adapter
- Ruggedized travel case
- Warranty documents
- Personalized frequency response graph available through firstname.lastname@example.org
● LCD-X Specifications
- Style: Circumaural - open
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary self-closing design, acoustically transparent
- Magnet type: High-grade Neodymium
- Transducer active diaphragm area: 39.8 sq cm (6.17 sq in)
- Maximum power handling: 15 W (for 200 ms)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): >130 db with 15 W
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 20 KHz, usable high-frequency extension of 50 KHz
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): Less than 1% throughout entire frequency range
- Impedance: 22 ohms, purely resistive
- Efficiency: 96 dB/1 mW
- Optimal power requirement: 1-4 W
- Weight: 600 g
- Cable length: 2.5 m (8.2 ft)
Footnote 1: We encourage you to read fully The Absolute Sound review by Art Nudell at Audeze LCD-X Headphones - State of the Art. Arnie Nudell is the co-founder of Infinity Systems and one of the true legends of high-end loudspeaker design. His Infinity Reference Standard (IRS) pushed the boundaries of what was possible, and remains to this day
one of high-end audio's most iconic products.