SHURE N78S STYLUS
- 78RPM stylus, genuine, 100% authentic Shure stylus
The Shure N78S Wide Groove 78 RPM needle stylus is used with the
Shure V15VxMR, M97xE, M94E, M92E, M35S, M35X, SC35C and M78S phono cartridges.
The stylus features a 2.5 mil polished diamond designed
specifically for the correct tracing of the wide grooves of 78
RPM records. It results in minimal groove wear and accurate
rendition of voice and music.
For a stylus that features a wider 3.0 mil tip for better tracing
of used 78 RPM records see Related Products.
A very common misconception is that you can use an LP stylus for
playing 78 RPM records. This is one quick and sure way to damage
the 78 RPM record grooves. To maintain the playback fidelity of
your 78 record, you really need to use a stylus designed for 78
RPM records, otherwise with just a single playing, you could ruin
the fidelity of the record grooves. Moreover, the LP stylus is much
narrower than the 78 RPM record groove. The LP stylus tip will slide to
the bottom of the groove where debris has collected for many decades and amplify
this with very high surface noise.
Shure N78S Stylus Specifications
- Type: Moving magnet
- Cantilever: Shure type I low mass, aluminum alloy/tubular, 1 mil wall thickness, 30 mil diameter
- Stylus tip: Spherical, 2.5 mil radius
- Tracking force: 1.5 - 3 g
- Recommended maintenance: Replace stylus after 600 - 1,000 playing hours