QUICKSILVER V4 MONO AMPLIFIER
Quicksilver builds equipment to last many decades of deep listening and musical enjoyment. Introduced in 1998 and with a new output transformer in 2014 to increase power, the V4 is an excellent example. Its sound excellence remains and continues. Powerful, musical, and effortless—this is the sound of the Quicksilver V4. As with all Quicksilver amplifiers, the V4s are all tube and hand wired point-to-point. A bias meter is mounted in the chassis and individual controls allow each output tube to be biased separately. The amplifiers come with KT150s, but EL34s, 6550s, or KT88s can also be used.
Matched quads will work best but are not necessary. The low screen voltage on the output tubes (300 volts) makes them last for thousands of hours of "on" time. The output stage has a separate power supply so that even maximum power levels will not diminish the sound quality. A new output transformer coupled with KT150s increases the V4 power to 170 watts into 4 or 8 ohms.
Quicksilver V4 Mono Amplifier Specifications
- Power output: 170 watts into 4 or 8 ohms from 20Hz - 40kHz
- Power bandwidth: 18Hz - 80kHz
- Peak power: 210 watts @ 1KHz
- Input sensitivity: 1.5 volt
- Input impedance: 100k ohms
- Tube complement: 1-12FQ7 input, 1-12BH7 driver, and 4-KT150 output tubes
- Finish: Nickel chassis, carbide black capacitor and transformer cover
- Dimensions: 7.87"h x 13.75"d x 16.75"w
- Weight: 51 lbs., 56 lbs. shipping weight
- Warranty: 3 years parts and labor, tubes 90 day
Footnote 1: Paul Seydor, The Absolute Sound, Issue 138, October 2002.
Footnote 2: See full review of 10 Audio at: Quicksilver Audio V4 Power Amplifiers.
Footnote 3: This and many more end-user reviews and comments at Review: Quicksilver Audio V4 Amplifier (Tube).