ORTOFON 2M BLUE PHONO CARTRIDGE
The Ortofon 2M Blue phono cartridge extends the performance of the 2M Red by upgrading its stylus to a nude elliptical diamond. It offers the same lively sound and more.
Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Output voltage @ 1kHz: 5.5mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 1.5dB
- Channel separation: 25dB @ 1kHz; 15dB @ 15kHz
- Frequency range: 20Hz-25kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz +2/-1dB
- Tracking ability @ 315Hz @ recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance dynamic lateral: 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: .0003 x .0007 inch
- Tracking force: 1.6 - 2.0 g
- Recommended tracking force: 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance DC resistance: 1.3k ohms
- Internal inductance: 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47k ohms
- Recommended load capacitance: 150 - 300 pF
- Color: Black/Blue
- Weight: 7.2 g
- Stylus replacement: Ortofon 2M Blue
- For upgrades and accessories that enhance sound quality and fidelity, refer to Related Products.
Footnote 1: "Recommended 500 Components", Stereophile, Vol. 39 No.10 (October 2016) 65.
Footnote 2: Ibid.