DENON DL-S1 DL S1 DLS1 PHONO CARTRIDGE
The Denon DL-S1 moving coil phono cartridge is Denon's top of the line phono cartridge. It is designed and crafted to provide the pinnacle of performance, a bold statement that should not be taken lightly given Denon's track record of producing moving coil phono cartridges that have withstood the test of time and penchant for understating the engineering genius of their designs. The Denon DL-S1 cartridge offers musical accuracy that is exemplary, breathtaking and addictive. It is a standard by which other pinnacle and topflight cartridges will be compared to. If you are thinking of spending up to 100 times the cost of the Denon DL-S1 phono cartridge, it may be wise to reconsider. Musical satisfaction could be less expensive than you imagine. The special features and technical specifications enumerated below offer a thoughtful glimpse of its capabilities.
DENON DL-S1 Features
1. Newly developed ultra fine wire combining gold and 6N copper.
A newly developed ultra fine wire combining pure gold and 6N copper is used in the voltage generating coil. By combining the excellent qualities of gold and copper, the Denon DL-S1 is thus able to deliver uncompromisable and unadorned pure and clean analog sound quality. Pure music - that's what you get with the Denon DL-S1 MC phono cartridge.
2. Stable, analog reproduction via superb tracing capability.
The use of a tapered cantilever, a non-magnetic coil bobbin, and a 0.07 mm micro stylus chip reduced the effective mass of its vibration system, lowered its mechanical impedance, and superbly improved its ability to trace the grooves in the record.
3. Elimination of unwanted vibrations with carefully selected materials.
A ceramic frame and a highly rigid aluminum body to eliminate unwanted vibrations within the cartridge.
4. Denon's unique 2-way dumping system.
The unique Denon two-way dumping system has been employed to suppress the tonal variations due to changes in room temperature and at the same time to obtain level frequency characteristics.
Denon DL-S1 Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Type: Moving coil
- Output voltage: 0.15mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-70kHz
- Recommended load impedance: Over 100 ohms
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: < 1db
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: > 28dB
- Stylus tip: 0.07 x 0.07 mm square solid diamond
- Compliance: 14 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Recommended tracking force: (1.3g +/- 0.2g)
- Color: Black/Gold
- Weight: 7 g