CLEARAUDIO CONCEPT TURNTABLE WITH CONCEPT MM MOVING MAGNET CARTRIDGE 3.6mV
A stellar in its price class, the Concept turntable has garnered luminous praise including The Absolute Sound 2010 Product of the Year Awards and 2011 Editors' Choice Awards, Exceptional Audio Award by Toneaudio Magazine, and 2009 and 2010 Turntable Product of the Year by What HiFi Sound and Vision Magazine. The Concept turntable combines very simple set-up, stunning good looks and performance to match.1
A cartridge-equipped Concept is so plug 'n play that even the stylus tracking force is preset. Clearaudio ships it with the counterweight in place so you can start playing records within a few minutes of opening the box.2
The Concept is a belt-driven turntable with a decoupled DC motor and integral Clearaudio Verify tonearm. It is a great-sounding package, built with German precision and state
of the art materials. The Concept's "resonance-optimized" plinth, set in a frame of machined aluminum, is a composite of medium-density fiberboard (MDF) topped with the same material used for the platter, which is machined from black polyoxymethylene (POM), a strong and rigid co-polymer. The resonant optimized plinth, anti-resonant 5.5 pound platter and newly designed Verify tonearm extract precision fidelity and resolution from the record grooves. Michael Fremer extensively reviewed the Concept and had this to say: "Fitted with the Concept MC cartridge, Clearaudio's plug'n'play Concept turntable-tonearm-cartridge combo is exceptionally attractive, easy to set up and use, and seems better built than its price would suggest. It's a quiet, smooth performer that excels at mid-range smoothness and transparency of the sort that makes speakers seem to vanish—even my $65,000/pair speakers." 3
Clearaudio Concept Turntable Specifications
- Description: Belt-driven turntable with decoupled DC motor and integral Clearaudio Verify tonearm
- Turntable plinth: Resonance-optimized chassis made of composite of medium-density fiberboard (MDF) set in a frame of machined aluminum
- Friction free tonearm with magnetic bearing technology
- Speed ranges: 33 1/3, 45 and 78 RPM
- Drive unit (motor): Decoupled DC motor with low noise bearings
- Bearing: Polished and tempered steel shaft in a sintered bronze bushing, runs on a mirror of Teflon
- Platter: Black color polyoxymethylene (POM), 30 mm thickness
- Speed variation: ±0,04 %
- Signal/noise: not specified.
- Tonearm: effective length: 239.31 mm. Overhang: 17.31mm. Offset angle: 23°. Null points: inner, 66.0mm; Outer, 120.9 mm.
- Weight: approx. 7,5 kg incl. motor, tonearm and cartridge
- Dimensions (W/D/H in inches): approx. 16.54 x 13.78 x 5.51
- Dimensions (W/D/H in mm): approx. 420 x 350 x 140
1 Jeff Dorgay," Fantastic
Value From Clearaudio: What a Concept," Toneaudio
2 We recommend that you double-check every set-up parameter in case this may have changed during shipment.
3 Michael Fremer, "Turntable Reviews: Clearaudio Concept record player," Stereophile June 28,2011: 1-3