AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-150MLX AT150MLX STYLUS
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Editors Choice Award The Absolute Sound March Issue 231, 241, 251, 261, 271, 281.
The Audio-Technica ATN-150MLX ATN150MLX needle stylus is
the latest and most advanced design for the Audio-Technica
AT-150MLX AT150MLX phono cartridge. The stylus features a gold-plated boron
cantilever and a MicroLine diamond for exemplary tracing of
record grooves and superlative accuracy with less wear and
distortion than elliptical or conventional linear contact
styli. Its tiny, gold plated boron cantilever provides an
extremely rigid yet lightweight platform to which the
stylus is mounted. The gold plating also acts to dampen
the nano resonance that the boron may produce. The small
curving rate of the stylus enables it to track and
playback the inner part of the record groove that other
styli can hardly maintain. Accordingly, the stylus has a
much longer average playing life.
Note: Audio-Technica also recommends this stylus as replacement for
the AT150ANV cartridge.
Audio-Technica ATN150MLX Stylus Specifications
- Frequency response: 10Hz-23kHz
- Output voltage @ 1kHz,5cm/sec.: 4.0mV
- Channel balance: 0.8dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz/10kHz: 30/20dB
- Stylus construction: Nude square shank
- Stylus type: 0.12 mil nude square MicroLine stylus
- Cantilever: Gold-plated boron
- Tracking force range: 0.75-1.75g
Footnote 1: Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound 2015 Editors Choice Awards: Audio-Technica AT440MLa / AT150MLX (March 2015, Issue 251), 104. This is a synopsis of a full review
from Issue 216 that describes these cartridges as offering their own authenticity and musical rewards over the long haul.
Footnote 2: David A. Rich, Audio-Technica AT150MLX Review - The Sensible Sound, Issue 112, May/June 2007.