AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-LP5 TURNTABLE
- A plug and play turntable that's an absolute pleasure to listen to...2
○ Direct-drive, high-torque motor
○ Fully manual operation with two speeds: 33-1/3 and 45 RPM
○ Exclusive AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge with replaceable stylus
○ Lightweight AT-HS10 headshell
○ J-shaped tonearm engineered to minimize tracking errors
○ Switchable built-in pre-amplifier enables connection to components with or without a dedicated phono input
○ Anti-resonance, die-cast aluminum platter
○ Sleek, matte black finish
○ Includes dual RCA (male) to dual RCA (male) stereo cable, 45 RPM adapter, USB cable, and Audacity recording software for MAC or PC
○ Included dust cover and mounting hardware
The AT-LP5 direct-drive turntable brings advanced technology and sleek, contemporary styling together for performance that exudes and feels as fantastic as it sounds. Born of Audio-Technica's rich analog heritage, the AT-LP5 incorporates a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and '70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. It comes outfitted with a lightweight (10 g) AT-HS10 headshell and high-performance AT95EX Dual Moving Magnet stereo cartridge, created specifically for this turntable.
Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials with heavy-mass metal chassis inserts, the AT-LP5 is a class leader in limiting low-frequency acoustical feedback. Its precision-machined, die-cast aluminum platter is powered by a direct-drive, high-torque motor, ensuring stable, on-axis rotation at 33-1/3 or 45 RPM. The platter is topped by a 5 mm thick rubber damping mat that improves low-frequency reproduction.
The AT-LP5 features a built-in switchable phono/line preamp that enables it to be connected directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers and other components that have no dedicated turntable input. The turntable is also equipped with a USB output for direct connection to a computer, and comes with PC- and Mac-compatible Audacity software that lets you convert your records to MP3, WAV or other digital audio file formats.
Footnote 1: See full context and more comments at Audio Technica AT-LP5 review.
Footnote 2: Ibid.