AUDIO-TECHNICA AT-120E/T AT 120E/T AT120ET CARTRIDGE
- Genuine, unsurpassed original AT120E/T cartridge (not AT120Eb), limited stock
The half-inch standard mount Audio-Technica AT120E cartridge has gained a very loyal following among audiophiles who require a phono cartridge that delivers authenticity without fanfare and high pricing. The AT120E is an extraordinarily crafted phono cartridge that provides musical enjoyment far beyond its price range. After about 100 hours of break-in, the AT120E metamorphoses into a skilled artisan. You'll enjoy its cohesion, wide sound stage, tight bass and crystalline highs.
AT120E/T and AT120Eb Comparison
In initial listening sessions, there are noticeable sonic differences. The original AT120E offers a slightly smoother top end, shorter decay and soundstage boundary. The AT120Eb has more high frequency extension,
wider frame, and better detail expressiveness. You will also hear slightly more edginess - an unintended result of the AT120Eb's resolving capability from uprating its coil and wiring from LC-OFC to PCOCC.
Audio Technica AT120E Phono Cartridge Specifications
- Frequency response: 15 ~ 25,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 5.0mV
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 1.0dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz/10kHz: 29/20dB
- Tracking Force: 1.0 - 1.8g (1.4g optimal)
- Load Impedance: 47 kΩ
- Load Capacitance: 100 ~ 200pF
- Stylus shape: 0.3 × 0.7 mil Nude Elliptical diamond
- Stylus construction: Nude round shank
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Vertical Tacking Angle: 20°
- Dimensions: H17.3 × W16.0 × D28.0 (mm)
- Weight: 6.5g
- Accessories included: Non-magnetic driver × 1, washer × 4, nut × 2,
cartridge installation screws 5 mm × 2 and 10 mm × 2,
hexagon nut × 2, brush × 1.