● AT100E cartridge premounted on Audio-Technica MG10 magnesium alloy headshell
● Balanced, beautiful midrange and crisp highs, tight clear bass
● Vibration system allows the stylus perfect contact to the record surface
● 0.3 x 0.7 mil jointed elliptical stylus for accuracy and fidelity
● Stacking two cores reduces crosstalk and improves high frequency delivery
● Highly-rated VM AT100-series' dual magnet vibration and generation systems
● Combined cartridge and headshell weight: 20.0 g
Audio-Technica AT100E/G cartridge with MG10 headshell
AUDIO TECHNICA AT100E/G CARTRIDGE WITH MG10 HEADSHELL
- Superb quality MG10 headshell securely frames the musically adept AT-100E cartridge for picturesque performance
The craftsmanship of both the AT100E cartridge and the sleek Audio-Technica MG-10 headshell is first-rate. Price-wise,
the headshell by itself sells for around $70.00. The AT100E cartridge sells for around $90.00 - $100.00 (suggested retail $139.00). This combination
offers musical excellence, convenience and tremendous saving$$$.
Audio Technica AT100E/G Cartridge with Audio-Technica MG10 Headshell Details
- Output voltage: 4.5mV
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Channel balance @ 1kHz: 1.5dB
- Channel separation @ 1kHz: 27dB
- Tracking force: 1.0 - 1.8 g (1.4 g standard)
- Coil impedance: 2.3 kΩ
- DC Resistance: 800 Ω
- Recommended load impedance: 47 kΩ
- Load capacitance: 100 - 200 pF
- Coil inductance @ 1kHz: 350 mH
- Static compliance: 35 x 10(-6) cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 8 x 10(-6) cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Stylus shape: Jointed 0.3 x 0.7 mil Elliptical diamond
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Vertical tracking angle: 23°
- Headshell material: Magnesium alloy
- Dimensions: 21.3(H) x 17.2(W) x 66.7(D) mm
- Combined AT100E and MG10 weight: 20.0 g
I had just finished burning in an AT95e on my Audio Technica 1240, and then threw this cartridge on. Huge improvement over the AT95e (on the first album played !) From the lowest bass up to the highest treble, this cart blows the 95 away. It is also much more revealing and sophisticated than the 95. The magnesium alloy headsshell is quite heavy, but it does balance on the 1240 with the counterweight all the way to the back. Highly recommended for the money.
Good buy but..
4 out of 5
Date: September 26, 2017
This headshell has 3 fixed mounting holes. With the Technics 52mm alignment tool, the outermost mounts are a tad long..Probably 54mm, middle holes too short. If you want to use a protractor, this isn't for you.
That being said, the sound is still good on the Technics mounts (outermost). The combo is fairly heavy.