- Belts - Turntable
- Cartridges - DJ
- Cartridges - HiFi
- CD DVD BD Players
- Convert to Digital CD MP3
- DAC D/A Converters
- Headphone amp
- Headphones & Earphones
- Headshells & Mounts
- Media Storage
- Needle / Stylus - DJ
- Needle / Stylus - HiFi
- Parts & Accessories
- Phono Essentials
- Phono Preamps
- Preamps & Amplifiers
- Record Cleaning Machines
- Thorens Turntable Parts
- Audio-Technica turntables
- Clearaudio turntables
- Crosley turntables
- Denon turntables
- ion turntable
- Music Hall turntables
- Numark turntables
- Rega turntables
- Sota turntables
- Thorens turntables
- VPI turntables
Our Price: $5,500.00
Shipping Weight: 0.00 pounds
VPI SUPERSCOUTMASTER TURNTABLE WITH JMW-9 SIGNATURE TONEARM
After 27 years in the turntable business and the release of the VPI HR-X, Harry Weisfeld thought that they had seen and done everything. Then one day while listening to the VPI Scoutmaster and enjoying its glorious sound quality, a question popped into Harry Weisfeld's head: "What could we do to make it better?" Thus came the epiphany. The end result was to cross the VPI Scoutmaster and the HR-X thereby producing the VPI Superscoutmaster. The Superscoutmaster uses the most accurate motor drive in the business, the HR-X system. The massive flywheel and dual motor drive controlled by the revolutionary SDS power supply gives the smoothest rotation in the business. You can almost say that if your expensive table doesn't have a flywheel driving it, why is it so expensive?
The finishing touches are the specially designed, totally non-resonant laminated chassis and the periphery ring clamp. The ring clamp lowers warp induced speed variations to near zero making the combination of HR-X flywheel drive and perfectly level record sound like a master tape.
Before you purchase any expensive table you must compare the facts. Does it have a flywheel drive? Does it have a warp flattening system? Does it have an inverted bearing running on a silent Teflon surface? Does the speed control come from a state of he art power supply? The VPI Super Scoutmaster turntable has all of these and more.
See Harry Pearson's rave review in the Dec/Jan 2005 issue ofThe Absolute Sound.
"Now here is a surprise. This, the third generation of Harry Weisfeld's "Scout" series, borders on greatness! In its first form, it was certainly the best buy among American LP playback devices. And if you consider what you will get for extra money in this hot-rod version, the "Super" makes a fine long term investment!"
- Absolute Sound Editor's Choice Award Winner, Issue 150.
We would be happy to assist you with best pricing and phono cartridge recommendations.
VPI Superscoutmaster Turntable Specifications
- Sonic qualities: World-class excellence
- Platter size: 1.750"h x 12.25"d
- Platter material: Clear acrylic
- AC motor type: 2-24 pole 300 RPM motors + 12 lbs flywheel
- Belts: 4 - Black Nitrile
- Record clamp: HR-X periphery and center weight
- Inverted bearing: Self-lubricating and 30% longer
- Ring clamp: Standard
- Feet: Aries cones
- Chassis: Single layer + steel
- Speeds: 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM
- Power cord: Removable
- Tonearm: JMW-9, Signature + 0.375" RISER
- Audio connections: Gold-plated RCA
- Arm bearing: Precision uni-pivot
- Extra arm wands: Available
- Dustcover: Optional
- SDS power supply: Optional
- Shipping weight: 101 lbs.
- Dimensions: 22"w x 14"d x 9"h
* The stated price is for US Mainland Ground Shipping Only. The S&H for other methods of delivery is NOT applicable. Please contact us for correct S&H.