VPI SCOUT TURNTABLE WITH JMW-9 TONEARM
- Discontinued, see replacements below.
The VPI Scout turntable, in its two-year existence, has become the best-reviewed turntable on the planet! The lowest priced turntable in Stereophile's Class B, the VPI Scout has broken price to performance records all over the world.
For improved stability and damping, the Scout's chassis is made from 1 1/8 inch thick MDF bonded to a 12-gauge steel plate. The massive platter is composed of 1 3/8 inch acrylic and is mounted to an inverted bearing of Teflon and brass on a 60-case hardened shaft. The AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter via an Aries belt for smooth, quiet operation.
The JMW-9 tonearm is the perfect complement to the Scout, offering all of the advantages of a uni pivot tonearm at a bargain price. The arm has a low friction bearing mounted on a solid stainless steel rod with a knurled ring to set VTA (vertical tracking angle). As with the more expensive JMW-10 inch and JMW-12 inch arms, the tonearm wand assembly of the JMW-9 can be removed and replaced in seconds, allowing instant cartridge changes with multiple arm wands. An RCA junction box allows any RCA-terminated interconnects to be used.
The VPI Scout turntable and JMW-9 tonearm are offered as a package. It has a retail value of US $1,800 for a savings of $150.
VPI Scout Turntable Specifications
- Sonic qualities: Class B rated by Stereophile
- Platter size: 1.375"h x 11.55"d
- Platter material: Clear acrylic
- AC motor type: 12-pole 600 RPM in square housing
- Belts: Clear
- Record clamp: One-piece black delrin
- Inverted bearing: Self-lubricating
- Ring clamp: Will not fit
- Feet: Aries cones
- Chassis: Single layer + steel
- Speeds: 33 1/3 RPM, 45 RPM, 78 RPM
- Power cord: Removable
- Tonearm: JMW-9
- Audio connections: Gold-plated RCA
- Arm bearing: Precision uni-pivot
- Extra arm wands: Available
- Dustcover: Optional
- SDS power supply: Optional
- Shipping weight: 38 lbs.
- Dimensions: 19"w x 14"d x 7"h
* The stated price is for US Mainland Ground Shipping
Only. The S&H for other methods of delivery is NOT
applicable. Please contact us for correct S&H.