REGA P1 TURNTABLE IMPROVED BY LP GEAR
For over 30 years, Rega has been known for its world-class turntables. With the new Rega P1 turntable, Rega legendary sound quality is now accessible at an incredibly affordable price. The first new addition to the Planar range of turntables for some time, the Rega P1 turntable has already garnered many praises from reviewers and end-users. It was selected as Stereophile Recommended Component Class D and thus one of the industry's best audio products (Stereophile Vol.30 No.10 October 2007).
In Stereophile Vol 30 No.5 May, 2007, Art Dudley had many positive things to say about the Rega P1 turntable:
"As for most other LPs I tried, the Rega P1 didn't just do an adequate job with musical basics — it nailed them."
"The Rega P1 marks the first time in my experience that a designer whose work ranks with the very best has created an audio component this affordable. And by affordable I don't mean relatively affordable, as with our favorite entry-level Koetsus, entry-level Wilsons, and even entry-level Linns. I mean affordable as in cheap, as in sane, as in reachable by anyone with a job."
"Very strongly recommended."
Rega P1 Turntable Improved by LP Gear Specifications
- Tonearm: brand new Rega RB100
- Motor: 12v AC synchronous motor with belt drive
- Cartridge: Ortofon OM5E phono cartridge factory mounted and aligned
- Main bearing: High quality
- Platter: Sub-platter assembly and stabilized MDF platter
Rega P1 Improved Option available only from LP Gear
- The LP Gear replacement stylus 10 improved elevates sound quality to a very high level of excellence rendering a naturally rich and colorful musical palette, better resolution, dynamics, rhythmic rightness, better dimensional and palpable portrayal of music and more solid bass. We provide the LP Gear Stylus 10 Improved for you to replace the installed regular stylus. To purchase, click
- The Ortofon stylus force gauge allows you to set the tracking force with precision. The Rega RB100 tonearm lacks a measurement ring or scale to indicate the tracking force when you turn the counterweight. To purchase, click here
The Absolute Sound
Rega P1 Instruction Manual in English (pdf 134 Kb)